S2UT+B - 2 Bay SATA to eSATA/USB 2.0 RAID 0 / 1 / SAFE33 / 50 Enclosure (Black)
The S2UT+B series is a fully loaded 2-bay external RAID solution designed for home
and small business storage needs. With simplicity and flexibly in mind, this series
is equipped with two hot-swappable 3.5” hard drive trays, as well as both USB 2.0
and eSATA host interfaces. In addition to RAID 0 and RAID 1, S2UT+ also utilizes
the latest Silicon Image 5744 chipset, supporting the newest SAFE33 and SAFE50 technology.
SAFE33 and SAFE50 allows the creation of two hard drive volumes where 1/3 (SAFE33)
or 1/2 (SAFE50) of the volume is used for mirroring and the rest is used for Spanning
(Big). In comparison to SAFE (RAID 1) mode, which utilizes both hard drives for
mirroring, SAFE33 and SAFE50 increase storage space by setting aside a portion of
disk space for regular data storage while performing mirror simultaneously. By incorporating
SAFE33 and SAFE50, the S2UT+ eliminates the cost of additional hard drives needed
for various storage modes.
- Hardware RAID engine, supporting RAID 0, RAID 1, Spanning, JBOD, SAFE33, and SAFE50.
- Drive interface: 2 x 3.5" SATA I / SATA II hard drive.
- Removable trays for fast access of additional hard drives and easy trouble shooting.
- Utilizing the latest RAID chipset, supporting SAFE 33 / SAFE50 mode.
- SAFE33 / SAFE50 creates two hard drive volumes where 1/3 or 1/2 of the hard drive
volume is used for mirroring and the rest is used for spanning (Big).
- Temperature controlled cooling fan for quieter operations.
- Supports Windows, Linux, and MAC OS X.